With winter fast upon us, we want to be able to do everything possible to make driving less stressful for our loved ones and ourselves.
Here are some handy tips to help you out:
1) KEEP YOUR HEADLIGHTS CLEAR - with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on your headlights. It contains special water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on your lights and it lasts for approximately 6 weeks.
2) SQUEAK-PROOF YOUR WIPERS - with rubbing alcohol! Wipe the wipers with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol or ammonia. This one trick can make badly streaking and squeaking wipers change to near perfect silence and clarity.
3) ICE-PROOF YOUR WINDOWS - with vinegar! Frost on its way? Just fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar and one part water and spritz it on all your windows at night. In the morning, they'll be clear of icy mess. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water - preventing water from freezing.
4) PREVENT CAR DOORS FROM FREEZING SHUT - with cooking spray! Spritz cooking oil on the rubber seals around car doors and rub it in with a paper towel. The cooking spray prevents water from melting into the rubber.
5) FOG-PROOF YOUR WINDSHIELD - with shaving cream! Spray some shaving cream on the inside of your windshield and wipe it off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial de-foggers.
6) DE-ICE YOUR LOCK IN SECONDS - with hand sanitizer! Just put some hand sanitizer gel on the key and the lock and the problem is solved.
Tune in next week for more informative ideas and tips!!!
Have a great week ahead and be safe.
ReMax Real Estate Centre Inc.
Radha Diaram (Sales Representative)
Remax Real Estate Centre Inc.
115 First Street 2 County Court Blvd. Suite 150
Orangeville ON L9W 3J8 Brampton ON L6W 3W8
(800) 461-2686 (905) 703-8677