Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Happy New Year to Everyone.  Hope the holidays were enjoyable and that we all got an apportunity to spend with our families and friends.  Times have changed so much over the years.  I remember when  I was a teenager, my home was always full of family over the Christmas holidays.  My immediate family consisted of five siblings, their spouses, my parents and 12 nieces and nephews. 
Guess who always had to clean up and do the dishes on Christmas day?? And we had no dishwasher at the time!  Whew!! It took me over an hour to get that done. 
Looking back, I'll do it over and over again if I had to.  All in all, it was precious time spent with my family and the memories will always stay with me.  My husband and I miss those times terribly whenever we spend the holidays here in Canada.  Most of our family lives in Trinidad and so we miss out on a lot of the family gatherings and fun.  We are grateful, though, because we get to go back almost every year.  And sometimes for Christmas also. 
Let us celebrate and ring in the New Year with gratitude.  Gratitude for even the smallest gifts that we are blessed with.   Things which, if we didn't have, would make our lifes  more difficult and trying.  But most of all, let's be grateful for opening our eyes each day and being able to welcome the new day with all the beautiful opportunities it brings to us.  Time is always of the essence, and life is what we "will it to be".
Have an amazing 2012, filled with good health, happiness and prosperity.

Radha Diaram

No comments:

Post a Comment