Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Valentine's Day


What does Valentine's Day mean to most of us???????????????

 I am guessing it is a day to show our loved ones how much we love and care for them and to do something special to commemorate the day.  Some of us buy our Valentine a gift or take him/her out for dinner or a play or a romantic movie.  So many things one can do to make the day special.

That's all fine and dandy.  It's great we can take the time to plan something different and special, but do we make that person feel loved every day? 

I am a strong believer that we should always be kind and loving to those closest to us.  Wake up each day and have a smile or kiss waiting for those we love.  Let them know each day how much we appreciate them and tell them so.  Express it in words as well as deeds.  We don't need a day like Valentine's Day to roll around annually, so we can express our love.  Let the love surround us in our daily lives.  We will be so much richer and better for it.

I have always considered myself  'lucky with love', so to speak.  God has blessed me richly with a very loving family.  And again with a husband who loves me and whom I love deeply.  My in-laws who have brought me into their homes and lives and who treat me like one of the family.  I also have friends who are near and dear to me.

They all know who they are and will never doubt my love for them and how special they all are to me.  I never hesitate to let them know how much I love them.  

Let's all be a 'love magnet' and invite that special love into our lives.  If you are feeling like there is a lack of love in your life presently, start by being kind and loving to the next person you come across.  A simple kind word or smile at someone will bring joy and a smile to that person and a chain reaction starts happening.  You yourself will find your spirits lifting from giving of yourself, and the magnet will start attracting a new and different kind of love into your life. 

You will be amazed by the effects of the emotion called LOVE!!!   Go For IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  Have a great day.  From NOW.   Right NOW.  Forget about starting on February 14th.  Do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment